This level is a pun! It's the first and last levels of The Lost Levels with some special stuff added. Enjoy!
Did not follow the folder structure at all and currently is in an unuseable state. Voting to reject. Will rejudge if this is fixed. -SAJewers | 11:12 ADT, June 24, 2013 14:12, June 24, 2013 (UTC)
Sorry about that, I'll try resolving that soon. Retro 14:16, June 24, 2013 (UTC)
Well, I can't access the folder due to a nasty glitch on my computer that causes Explorer.exe to crash, rendering me unable to transport the files to a file to put into the zip. Are you sure that it's not an issue that you can resolve? I'd appreciate it if you could try, because I'd really like to have this level included, yet I'm unable to solve this problem myself. :( Retro 22:45, June 27, 2013 (UTC
OK, i finally fixed this mess of an archive. A few major problems:
- The Goombas are invisible when walking to the right.
- Most of your pipe warps are a not level with the ground
- You have multiple midpoints. SMBX will not support multiple midpoints. For me, this is outright grounds to reject.
- The water section needs No Turn Back Off, otherwise, you'll get glitching when reentering
- The vertical lakitu/lava section is really terribly designed. Jumping on 1 tile long platforms is terrible design, and you're not trying to be funny with it.
- The length of the wait between killing bowser and the vertical section happening is way too long that someone will probably assume you have to back in the door on the left.
- That breakable brick at the end of section 7 really needs to go. No one is going to track all the way back just to get that red shell. Most would rather kill themselves or take a hit to become small, creating BMD.
Decent try, but still voting to reject, as there's way too much wrong with this level. If you fix this up, this might get in Episode 2, but right now, I can't see this in Episode 1. -SAJewers | 11:31 ADT, June 30, 2013
I'm gonna have to agree with SAJewers here but, I'm going to reject this level. The level design and atmosphere are great, there are just some major issues that really need fixing up.
- A lot of graphical effects are missing from the level, including the death effect for the thwomps.
- You can't have multiple mid-points in SMBX unfortunately, so I would remove the later mid-point and remove the generating hammer bros. room entirely since that room is a bit too much.
- The lack of power-ups makes the two Bowser fights in a row pretty difficult, again, I would remove the section with the 1st Bowser fight to make things shorter/easier.
- At the main mid-point, there's a homing koopa that's placed in a cheap way. Move it please.
- The secret exit is pretty hard to find. I'd put more of a hint that helps the player
- SAJewers covers most of the problems really.
The level, while really creative and pretty fun, has a lot of unfair errors that should be fixed for the final game. If you could fix the whole multiple mid-point that would change my vote from rejected. Please do, since a great majority of this level is really good.
-sturgyman 2:12 PM 9/13/2013 (MDT)