Video games, they exist?! Incredible.
Information and stuff
A fast-paced level that I think is relatively difficult (but it's not very long). No secret exit.
I liked this level a lot. Only complaint is the floor/platform at the end; I think it's kind of a jerk move to only have the platform be one tile wide. Also, fix your music (use OGG Vorbis, and fix the metadata for the music cheat). -SAJewers | 17:29 ADT, November 6, 2015
- This made me realize that I forgot to upload the latest version, which is pretty much the same but with a larger platform at the end. I guess I'll also do the music thing while I'm at it. Axon2 (talk) 21:35, November 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Alright, I've updated the link on the levels page. Axon2 (talk) 22:51, November 6, 2015 (UTC)
REJECTED - There's been much improvement since I last tested this level, but that stupid ghost I complained about last time round is still there! It's ridiculous that you've got a light blue NPC on top of a light blue background. It's the cheapest enemy hit in the entire level. Please get rid of it. Also, I don't know why I didn't mention it last time round, but the homing paragoopa section feels really spammy. Do you think you could replace the cloud platforms that stands out more against the background? My eyes were glazing over something fierce after the 13th attempt at doing the paragoopa bit as Iris. Something about her mechanics means I keeps slipping off the platforms, which is terrible when I'm having difficulties seeing the damned things. As with my last review of this level, I have no problems with Section 3. Ztarwuff 20:42, November 20, 2015 (UTC)
Prior Testing Stuff
Okay, so I'm going to give my experiences on this level so far. I started play around 19:15 British Summer Time and ended 19:58. I used a wired Xbox 360 controller for the PC.
- I died 52 times playing as Demo. I died 3 times playing as Iris, before quitting. I would consider that either I am not skilled enough to test this level or this level is too difficult. Will not know for sure until there are other reviews.
- Iris' greater jumping abilities changes the initial experience. With Demo, the first homing ParaGoopa misses you and disappears, never to be seen again. With Iris, it can potentially follow you along until goodness knows when.
- Whilst going across the red falling blocks, there is the potential to "slip" down the side of the pyramid formation and not be able to recover.
- During one playthrough, the bouncing yellow caterpillar followed me through to the dropping bombs section.
- The second half is infinitely easier than the first.
- The vines were a potential cause of death as I would sometimes end up slipping off on end and falling to my death. Frustrating.
- The last Big Bullet jump is an instakill if you mess up. First go, I wasn't expecting it and it caught me by surprise. Reaction time was too slow. Failed and was forced to die.
- I nearly missed the ghost. The ghost is a bluey-grey-white. So are the clouds. It's very easy to be caught out.
Suggestions: During the long section with the multiple homing ParaGoopas, I would suggest preventing the player from going too high. When they do that, it becomes impossible for them to see what they're doing. I would also have a section of the red falling blocks without enemies to ease the player in. The vines are something you might need to reconsider. Ztarwuff (talk) 19:14, August 14, 2013 (UTC)