A level that revolves around storming a rainy castle. There's a boss battle in the end of the level.
8/27/2013, 24:11 UTC, the level has been updated to make the boss easier and shorter, by providing leaf powerups before and during the fight. Also, there's another phase where you can hurt the boss. I tried to make downfalling rain to make the dry areas less strange, but I failed miserably. If somebody could make such rain sprites, I would gladly adjust the level to them. Something thing that confused me that wasn't spoken of was the spike and converyor belt part. That little bit is really difficult, I was wondering why it wasn't pointed out. Music problem is fixed too.
8/27/2013 3:56 UTC, updated again since a sprite effect was missing.
- There is only one leek in the level, and that's by defeating the boss.
- There is 5 Raocoins in this level.
- Castle Tilesets from the Redyoshi's SMBX pack.
- Level music from Rockman 4MI, a Megaman 4 hack, and boss music from Megaman 10's Wily Capsule fight.
- The graphics used for the boss battle is also from Megaman 10.
OK, First off I'll pont out that the music doesn't work, and will need to be fixed.
As for the level itself, I actually like it. I think it's well made, The design and the music seem to fit quite well. It's be nice if the single blocks with wings moved aroung, but it's not necessary.
The boss however, felt somewhat tedious. I really wasn't a fan of the boss. My recommendation for the boss is to look into using LunaDLL to lower the hits to something like 3, then modifying the throw block generator so you can only hit him once each time the generator appears.
All in all, it's a nice level with a boss that needs tweaking. Approved with changes. -SAJewers | 22:33 ADT, August 15, 2013
Video(first level I review) You forgot to put the folder in the text for the music file. I think the rain is also ackward with the straight down dry areas.
For the boss, I suggest being more generous with power-ups and making it so the boss doesn't appear on the player.
I think both judges so far have said the things I was going to mention with the level, such as the dry areas looking awkward and the boss being fairly tedious. I really have nothing else to say about it.
Approved with changes. sturgyman 4:24 PM 8/21/2013 (MDT)
- I've noticed you updated the level a bit, cool. There were a few errors though:
- The rain effect issue (which you said you tried fixing) can look neater if you place on block of 'non-rain' below a block instead of a whole pillar of non-rain. The only exception this probably doesn't apply to is the 3 cement blocks right underneath the dragon coins. From left to right, I would place 3 empty spaces underneath the 1st block, 2 empty spaces underneath the 2nd block, and 1 empty under the last one. I kind of tested it out and it looks much nicer.
- There's some missing water (not rain) background right at the beginning where it looks like there is cut-off in the lake/pond.
- The boss is much nicer, very enjoyable in fact.
- I could fix these myself but I don't want to change anything without your consent, so I'll just judge this as accepted with changes. -sturgyman 4:42 PM 9/10/2013 (MDT)