This is a fairly challenging level, which I originally used Genius of Sappheiros music in for atmosphere but then it shaped the decision to make the second half. The first half is slightly longer, but both halves require precision in order to complete. Nothing fancy event-wise or graphic-wise, although altered vanilla and SMBX Graphic Pack graphics were used to build the level. I think they give a nice aesthetic, but it might look too plain, I'm not sure. It might need more polish, but as a first draft I think this is a somewhat decent level, and it doesn't have any sort of crazy weird jump like Forcefully and Carefully Jump! did with that one bullet hop, at least I believe so.
September 1st, 2014
- First draft. No known bugs or issues.
September 2nd, 2014
- Fixed player 1's starting position.
January 16th, 2015
- Removed Lava Frog in the first section
- Adjusted koopa generator time
- Made plants come out of pipes instead of blocks
- Windows darkened to look more in the background
January 18th, 2015
- Made platform with first RaoCoin one block wider
- Made platform before jump to the platform with the red goopa on it one block wider
- Made ceiling over first bat jump one block wider to prevent hanging up on the ceiling
- Created off-screen wall to prevent fish near the end of the first half from despawning themselves off-screen
- Adjusted sign in the leek room to prevent the player from accidentally reading it when trying to return into the pipe
I feel as if some parts of the first half are bit too cramped, such as the corridor with the bats just before the water. The coin denoting the pipe showing the secret leek never actually spawns, and should be fixed. Also, it'd be nice if one could get back up to that pool of water for the secret leek without having to exit the level. Finally, for the orange switch, you can duck-glitch through the wall on the left side.
A small number of gripes in an otherwise decent level. -SAJewers | 22:41 ADT, November 1, 2015
REJECTED - In section 1 and 2, the water and the blocks of every water pit and regular bottomless pit needs to be extended offscreen by three blocks. The set of four item blocks to the bottom right of the first blue Goopa are too high. Lower them by one block. The orange switch block allows someone to duck-glitch through to the other side.
I would have never found the secret leek if it I had not scoured the editor because the coin doesn't spawn. Also, I would recommend removing the secret leek altogether. The platforming at the bottom of Section 2 is awfully cramped as is the first jump to the first red Goopa.
In the lava sectipn, the saw moves away from the player far too quickly. I would suggest extending the path of the saw by one tile on either side.
Also, those Disco Dans near the end of the level feel really spammy. I would recommend removing one from each platform. I'd normally say I'll change my verdict if the above mentioned issues are fixed, but in this particular case, I will need to review afterwards to be on the safe side
Ztarwuff 21:29, November 14, 2015 (UTC)